Barcelona, Spain - Hybrid
Allianz Group is one of the largest and most renowned financial services providers in the world, representing an international network of strong brands with first-class products. Above all, we strive for commitment to excellence in our daily business, in our relationships with customers, shareholders, employees and the community. Allianz Group serves more than 83 million customers in about 70 countries.
Allianz Technology is the international shared service company of the Allianz Group and has its registered office in Munich. Our customers are Allianz companies across the globe, to which our employees offer innovative, top-quality products and services in the fields of IT, Services and Operations.
Under of a squad lead for monitoring, deep subject matter experts in the new Allianz Global Monitoring tribe will turn the digital target picture into reality. Defining Allianz’ digital future through a combination of technology trends such as cloud, micro-services, big data, and mobile requires individuals who are close to technology and love working in a tight-knit team.
The ideal candidate will prefer the excitement of shaping the technology evolution over following the beaten path and regards highly qualified colleagues not as competition, but as a learning opportunity. He will have good knowledge about concepts as well as hands-on experience with operational monitoring of linux-based operating systems and services but also in operational and business monitoring of apps.
• Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of new services delivered by Allianz Technology.
• Solve problems relating to a new set of services delivered by Allianz Technology. Build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
• Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure, platform and application related issues.
• Participate to the architectures and designs of large-scale platforms.
• Engage in service capacity planning, software performance analysis and system tuning.
• Conduct periodic on call duties. Organize simulation sessions.
a) Qualification, Certification and Experiences
• Familiar with Agile development practices, feel comfortable supporting an Agile development process (SCRUM, LeSS, Kanban, XP).
• Cloud System Architecture: conceptual knowledge and hands-on experience of systems management and monitoring functions. Understanding of cloud architecture concepts and styles (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS), containerization (Docker), orchestration (Kubernetes) and related concepts. Experiences with Cloud Foundry, OpenShift or Kubernetes are desired.
• Experiences with end-to-end monitoring of cloud-ready applications and micro-services, including the infrastructure- and platform-level monitoring.
• Application Performance Monitoring: experiences and knowledge of metrics-based monitoring systems
(Dynatrace, NewRelic or AppDynamics) and frameworks such as Graphite, InfluxDB, Prometheus, Grafana or similar.
• Log Management: experiences with log-based monitoring systems and frameworks such as Splunk and Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana (ELK).
• Distributed tracing: basic knowledge of contemporary end-to-end tracing systems, such as Zipkin, Dapper, HTrace, X-Trace, etc.
• IT Automation: experience with configuration management system such as Puppet, Chef, Salt or Ansible.
Solid understanding of automation tool market trends and vendor positioning. Hands-on scripting and programming skills for cloud automation.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with a focus on software engineering, large-scale system administration, networking or IT operations.
• Outstanding verbal and written English communication skills required, German desired.
b) Skills and Competencies
• A team player, capable of collaborating in a fast-paced environment, as well as capable of working independently with a high level of self-motivation.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills with a systematic and goal oriented workstyle.
• Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Self-motivated to keep up-to-date with technological developments and trends.
• Ability to deliver high-quality results under time-constraints and concurrent tasks.
What do we offer
Steady job, you'll get a permanent contract since the first day.
Fringe benefits: meal and supplies compensation, life and accident insurance, private pension plan and studies fund. We also offer discounts on other products from the company and shares as well as a Christmas gift card among others. Dare to discover a world of benefits!
Actual work-life balance policies: entry-leave flexibility of 2 hours every day, reduced schedule on Fridays and during the summer, 26 holiday days per year, recoverable working hours, as well as, hybrid workplace model.
Career development: Digital learning platforms, mentoring programs and training sessions give employees the opportunity for personal and professional development.
Relocation Service for international transfers.
Open and international working environment.