Dana has been launched in Barcelona in September 2020 as an impact project: our purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of future generations by tackling wellbeing and mental health challenges of women during preconception, pregnancy and post-partum.
Our MVP 3.2 is available at https://www.dana-app.com.
Part of our team is located in Barcelona, the rest is working happily from home.
We are looking for our first data analyst to understand better our users and improve the traction of Dana, our digital asistant for women during preconception, pregnancy and up to 3 years after birth.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Using automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources (Mixpanel, Onesignal, Appsflyer. Google analytics)
- Removing corrupted data and fixing coding errors and related problems
- Developing and maintaining databases, data systems – reorganizing data in a readable format
- Performing analysis to assess quality and meaning of data
- Filter Data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to identify and correct code problems
- Using statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful to evalutate the well-being and mental state of our users, and develop an early detection and diagnosis suport tool
- Assigning numerical value to essential business functions so that business performance can be assessed and compared over periods of time.
- Preparing reports for the General Circle stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Working with the Product Circle, the Tech Circle and the General Circle to identify process improvement opportunities, propose system modifications, and devise data governance strategies.
- Preparing final analysis reports for the stakeholders to understand the data-analysis steps, enabling them to take important decisions based on various facts and trends.
Data Analyst Skills Required
As a data analyst, you should possess the following eight skills:
- Cleansing and preparing data
- Analyzing and exploring data
- Expertise in statistics
- Analyzing and visualizing data
- Reports and dashboards
- Communication and writing
- Expertise in the domain
Key Skills for a Data Analyst
- Strong mathematical skills to help collect, measure, organize and analyze data
- Technical proficiency regarding database design development, data models, techniques for data mining and segmentation (Mixpanel, Onesignal, Apsflyer, Google analytics)
- Proficiency in statistics and statistical packages like Excel, SPSS, SAS to be used for data set analyzing
- Knowledge of data visualization software software like Tableau, Qlik
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Oracle, R, MATLAB, and Python is a plus
- Knowledge of how to create and apply the most accurate algorithms to datasets in order to find solutions
- Problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Adept at queries, writing reports, and making presentations
- Team-working skills
- Verbal and Written communication skills
- Proven working experience in data analysis
- Spanish fluent (English is a plus)